Hello everybody and happy Friday! I am pleased to say that I have joined the blogging group ‘Fashion Bloggers Friend Friday’ set up by the lovely Katy at Modly Chic. Each week, everyone in the group answers the same set of questions and posts them up on Friday. If you are interested in joining the group,Vahni of Grit and Glamour did a great how to post a few weeks ago…. (and there is a picture of yours truly in it, just saying.)
This week is our first FBFF blog awards and we all (theres about 500 of us to be exact) get to nominate our favorite bloggers for each category. I gave a lot of thought and changed my mind a million times. There are a few of you that fit several of these categories, so it was really about finding the right places for you!
1. Creative Juices - Most creative blogger- My nomination for this is definitely Casey, from Casey’s Elegant Musings. Her blog is full of great ideas, recipes, and sewing tutorials as well being able to do web design, she is one seriously talented and creative lady.
2. The Real Deal – authenticity- goes to Courtney of Those Graces. Her header reads ‘A woman on a mission to live passionately’ and I believe she does. Regardless of what she talks about, feminism, make up looks, or fashion, her voice really resonates. Intelligent and insightful, always a good read.
3. Spark Notes – most helpful- has to be Vahni form Grit and Glamour. What she is doing and has done for bloggers everywhere, is absolutely inspiring. A goddess among us bloggers and Im sure the rest of the world. Vahni could have been nominated for any one of these categories but I decided on most helpful because her help/guidance have been very valuable to me over the last few months as I have gotten my own blog up and running.
4. Newbie – best blogger under a year- Mrs Bossa of Mrs Bossa does the do. One of the first blogs I started reading and kept reading. Well written/spoken and she is rather witty. I enjoy reading her blog immensely as well as the running commentary we share back and forth on our blogs.
5. Can You Hear Me Now – Kristy of Full time Fabulous previously from Vogue gone Rouge. Kristy was the winner of the Sunglasses Hut blogger competition, and with that came a big move and a fancy apartment in NYC. I have no doubt this year is going to bring some amazing connections for her as it already has, if her NYFW coverage was anything to go by!
6. If I had a Hammer- best DIY- I had to send a group mail to the group to ask this and although I got several really good suggestions, one person suggested A Beautiful Mess. I have read Elsie’s blog for a good few months now and I dont know how I forgot about it! She does some amazing DIY posts as well as home decor posts, a wonderful blog and she has a lovely vintage shop as well!
7. Tribe Leader – Blogger who leads others and brings bloggers together- Well um at the risk of sounding obvious (and like a suck up… am not!) Jennine from The Coveted. For very. obvious. reasons. (hello the creator of the IFB)
8. Practically Perfect – most fashionable- There are so so many bloggers that have amazing style, its a tough question to answer. I decided to go for someone, who has the most accessible style, I have never seen her in anything I didn’t like and she has an amazing blog and she’s gorgeous. Elizabeth from Delightfully Tacky.
9. Paint by Numbers- best beauty blogger- Although her blog is not just a beauty blog, I nominate Anya of I am the it Girl. She has a beauty section on her blog and adds new posts to it weekly, covering new hair and makeup trends as well as doing product reviews. Plus she makes me laugh. (read her weekly break down of Gossip Girl episodes to see why)
10. Renaissance Woman – best all around blogger- fashion, beauty, lifestyle- Katy from Modly Chic, thats you! (I am not sucking up again, I swear) I think I could have nominated Katy and Vahni for nearly all the categories, but what really cemented Renaissance woman for me was the about me section of Katy’s blog. If that isn’t a renaissance woman, I dont know what is!
1. Creative Juices -Caseys Elegant Musings
3. Spark Notes – most helpful - Grit and Glamour
2. The Real Deal – authenticity Those Graces
4. Newbie – best blogger less than a year old Mrs Bossa Does The Do
5. Can You Hear Me Now – most connected Kristy Elena at Full Time Fabulous
6. If I had a Hammer – best DIY A Beautiful Mess
7. Tribe Leader – blogger who leads others and brings bloggers together The Coveted
8. Practically Perfect – most fashionable Delightfully Tacky
9. Paint by Numbers – best beauty blogger I Am The It Girl
10. Renaissance Woman – best all around blogger, fashion, beauty, lifestyle MODLY CHIC